Electrical saftey

You are here : Member Forums Other Electrical saftey
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Andy_755
11 Posts
1 Thanks
Hi there,
I am a Landlord in my own right but currently a tenant in another property and have spent the last year here with no end of problems with the electrics. The Landlady is useless and it normally takes here 6 weeks to get anything sorted or done even when itís as basic as changing a light fitting.
Since living in the property the oven as malfunctioned and the lighting has been temperamental with light bulbs blowing once a month. I have been without lights in my bedroom and bathroom for a month and when she finally organised an electrician to sort the problem he has stated that I should not use certain light switches as they are not wired correctly in with the rest of the properties wiring.
I find this quite worrying and must mean that she has been renting a property without the proper electrical safety certificate that is required by law. Is there any way I can get an independent check done on the electrics or report her to anyone as I know she will just re-rent to someone else and possible do them harm.
Cheers
Andy
29/01/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband