Claim by tenant

You are here : Member Forums Other Claim by tenant
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
P
Pedro
70 Posts
4 Thanks
I have a flat which was subject to a leak caused by a problem from the flat above.
The management company for the block would not pay for repairs to my ceiling as the value fell within the excess.
Therefore the landlord of the flat above agreed to have my ceiling repaired. Unfortunatley there was a delay of around 2 months between the work being instructed and the ceiling being repaired.
I received no complaints from my tenant in those 2 months - in fact I just assumed that the repair had been carried out and all was well.
However, my tenant has now issued a claim to us for compensation.
He did continue to live at the flat during this time. The damage was to the ceiling in the bathroom and whilst it was obvioulsy unpleasant to live with, it did not affect the functionality of the flat.
What if anything is my tenant entitled to?
Who is culpable; us, the block management company or the landlord for the flat above (or his agent as they arranged the repair on his behalf)?

Hope this is clear.

kind regards,

Peter

30/01/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband