Tenancy Deposit used to offset delayed LHA payment.

You are here : Member Forums Other Tenancy Deposit used to offset delayed LHA payment.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
F
faz
155 Posts
17 Thanks
After being made redundant my tenants have applied for housing benefit and have been told that it will be paid a month in arrears. Their rent is paid one month in advance so they have asked if I will accept a delayed payment for December. In reality this will mean they will fall into arrears of one month. I have suggested as a way to get around this that they sign over their 450 deposit to me to cover the rent for December. In this way their rent is kept up to date and if/when they leave the final LHA payment will be kept by them in place of their deposit.
Do other members think this would be an acceptable arrangement provided it is fully documented and signed and dated by all parties?
It seems to me that the only risk is for me as I would no longer retain a security deposit.
This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
20/11/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband