Previous tenant to previous property owner left property with debts

You are here : Member Forums Other Previous tenant to previous property owner left property with debts
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
P
peuta
45 Posts
6 Thanks
Advice Please:

I bought a property in February 2012 from the builder.

Prior to my purchase the builder had rented the property out and the person who lived there vacated the property in November 2011. We do not know this person. The builder does not know where they have moved to. Since the purchase we have had numerous letters from debt collection agencies, baliffs at the door, and other unscrupulous people demanding payment from my 20 yr old daughter who lives in the property - and soon to have other tenants move in - they are all students.

We are still getting these letters, despite the County court being informed this person does not live here, the companies concerned have been informed and today I informed yet another 3 companies chasing money. They have even obtained an ex-directory number despite being registered with TPS.

Besides writing very angry letters back and threatening legal action on them does anyone have any advice on how to stop them harrassing my daughter.

Clearly they are not trying to trace this person as a quick search of council tax records or land registry would show the person does not exist at this address.

Any advice??

31/08/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions