Poor quality applicants is it a sign of the times?

You are here : Member Forums Other Poor quality applicants is it a sign of the times?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
Cgray
16 Posts
0 Thanks
Is it just the area I live in?
I have noticed a marked decline in number and quality of applicants generally in my area (Fenland)
I have had one suitable applicant in 5 weeks of advertising that I could not let have the property because the lease states no pets for the flat she applied for. I passed her to another landlord who told me he had has a distinct lack of good quality applicants to that point, he said they either had none or only part of the deposit were not working or came across as generally undesirable, I have also found the same. I am still waiting to find a decent tenant for my current flat and my previous flat took almost 12 weeks to rent going to a direct benefits payment tenant eventually!
In the past I have had to choose between good applicants but now it seems to be quite difficult to find any applicants that come up to standard. I even resorted to agents but no takers so far, it is a clean and tidy flat with parking. It's a good size in a reasonable location and my others have previously gone to good tenants quickly.
10/08/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband