Gas Safety Check

You are here : Member Forums Other Gas Safety Check
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
3 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi,

I have a tenant that is simply not responding to any kind of contact. I have tried to call several times, have written text messages, E-mails and I am now simply writing letters and having these delivered by recorded post.

Because of the lack of response I met a plumber at the property and tried to carry out the safety check. The tenant is on a pre-paid gas meter and the card was missing and the emergency gas had been used. This meant that the plumber could not carry out the test.

Following this visit I wrote a letter to the tenant explaining that the test was for their safety,is a legal requirement and that they should contact me immediately so that the test can be carried out. 7 days later I have received no correspondence, messages or phone calls from the tenant.

I am going to send the tenant another letter today, should I simply try to carry out another test, and let the tenant know that we will do this on Thursday, or should I send a letter leaving it down to the tenant to arrange this directly with the plumber?

I am concerned about getting the gas check done, but also want to be mindful of harassment and tresspass. Any advice is appreciated.

Kindest regards,
Dean

06/11/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband