Advice about existing tenants

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Advice about existing tenants
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
10 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi,

I signed a contract (Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement for 12 months) to rent a 3 bed house to 3 sharers. All three of the sharers had their names on the contract and were paying equal rent.
One of the tenants how now given me written notice to move out therefore I need advice on how this affects the contract. It is currently a periodic tenancy (i.e. after the 12 months of the original Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement).

Does it mean that the original contract has been terminated if one of the tenants provides me written notice?

Can I sign a new contract with the remaining 2 tenants in which case they want the option of finding a new tenant to help pay the rent (given that there are three rooms in the house). Therefore should I allow them to sublet the third room, and if so how does this affect my rights?

Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

16/02/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband