Insurance Warning - Alan Boswell group

You are here : Member Forums Other Insurance Warning - Alan Boswell group
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mike_835
14 Posts
0 Thanks
For those thinking of renewing or taking out insurance with Alan Boswell Group, a Warning.

They have Delegated Responsibility from the insurance company. Sounds meaningless but you'll realise the difficulty when you need to make a claim.

They describe themselves as Insurance Brokers. I took this to mean they would help you when making a claim and responding to the insurer. Wrong!

"DR" means they take the insurer's place and act on THEIR behalf. No big deal until you tot up the additional premium you are paying compared to other intermediaries, which you thought you were doing as part of the cost of having them help you when necessary. Wrong again.

So after a dispute involving two builders who provided reasonable quotes for work they both agreed had been caused by an insured cause, and a non-committal surveyor acting for Boswells, Boswells flatly refused to entertain any discussion of a claim, or even a partial claim.

They did offer to put the claim to the insurer to see whether they would disagree with them and pay out!

Needless to say have changed provider and my total premium for 5 tenanted houses is now slightly less than Boswells charged me for the largest house of the five.

15/01/2013 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions