Council advising tenant to stay put despite court possession order

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Council advising tenant to stay put despite court possession order
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi, I am in the process of evicting my tenant and have served a section 21 notice and received a possession order from the court. The tenant has been in touch with the local council who have advised her to stay put until I get the bailiff's to attend the property. A warrant has been issued by the court but they have told me waiting times are currently 6-8 weeks. I have two questions:
1. Is the council right to provide tenants with this information once an order of possession has been served by the court? To my layman's mind it sounds contrary to the court order. I have checked with the council and they confirmed this is the advice they are giving.
2. Is there anyway I can speed up getting a bailiff e.g. by going private, as 6-8 weeks is a long time and the tenant stopped paying rent in December 2012.
Thanks
27/03/2013 16:03

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband