Service providers

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Service providers
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
L
looplyloo
46 Posts
1 Thanks
My tenant left the property and left the keys on the side without providing written notice. He also notified the electric company he had left 6 weeks before he told me and I have now received a bill from them for the period until his tenancy ran out. The electric company are saying I have to prove the tenant was liable or they go on his say so of his moving out date and that I am liable for the electric as the landlord. Are we liable and how can we as landlords be liable when we haven't agreed to receive the supply from the supplier. They are telling me I have to pay it and then I have a third party dispute with the tenant who refuses to give a forwarding address.
This could have very wide implications. Any tenant could put services for any property in your name, you never know and then you are faced with a CCJ for not paying the bills. Surely this can't be right.
30/03/2013 13:19

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband