I currently pay Council tax on my properties, require advice about how best to charge tenants

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management I currently pay Council tax on my properties, require advice about how best to charge tenants
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mr Millet
110 Posts
7 Thanks
Hi. I have 3 properties and until now have been renting rooms out individually and as insentive to prospective tenants have agreed to pay council tax for the property. I now wish to charge future tenants for council tax as this cuts almost 3500 from my profits annually. How would it be best to approach the changes neccessary. I use AST and DPS, the AST includes a clause that bills owing at end of contract are counted as rent owed. I considered telling them that they would be liable for 25% CT each (4 rooms per house)and telling them that this will be deducted from their deposit at the end of the period as it seems to be extremely difficult to get them to agree to have their names on the CT register as liable. I can't see an easy way of doing it that won't discourage future tenants from taking up accommodation. Any advice will be welcomed!!
This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
07/06/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband