LANDLORDS TO CHECK IMMIGRATION STATUS

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits LANDLORDS TO CHECK IMMIGRATION STATUS
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
ROE
587 Posts
72 Thanks
Hi all, Has any one had any dealing with foreign tenants? I have. An agent once tried to push such tenants on me.
Being a foreigner myself and knowing how crooked people from the particular country can be, I requested copy of
their passports which were very convincing. I checked with their "supposed " employers and found there was some forgery
going on. I phoned the home office ( that wasn't a cheep call) because the visa status is normally coded so the ordinary
person is not likely to know what that means.I discovered they were in the country under false pretences. Never the less,
the agent swore they were legit.
I was lucky to be able to cancel the tenancy agreement the day after I had signed it only because this agent must have
known, but just wanted his commission regardless.!!
The gist of this story is LANDLORDS CAN NOT BE TURNED INTO IMMIGRATION OFFICERS! There are so many fake passports
and national insurance cards out there. It will be time consuming and very costly not to mention the civil right do gooders
and data protection malarky!!

Let's fight against this extra burden.

10/05/2013 09:04

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband