Rent Arrears

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Rent Arrears
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
7 Posts
0 Thanks
Good Morning,
I have a new tenant found via a letting agent, she paid 6 weeks deposit and one months rent at the start of the tenancy ( 3 April 2013) and nothing since. She is on a 1year contract with a six months break clause I have written and spoken to her.
She says she is unhappy with the flat as it does not work for her, at the start of the tenancy their was some problems, the boiler pressure was low so no hot water? I responded to her email with in the hour and had the plumber fix it the next day. However she refuses to find alternative accomadatoin to suit her requirement. At present I am abroad and the tenant know that I believe she is making excuses not to pay her rent and moved into the flat with the intension of getting a rent free period.

What are my options I have protected her deposit and emailed her all the relevant documentation and certificate although the letting agency has not forwarded the deposit to me yet. This is a nightmare situation and I need help and advise as my finances are being is at breaking point.
20/05/2013 08:57

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband