Tenant subleting and not paying bills

You are here : Member Forums Access Tenant subleting and not paying bills
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
Renata
17 Posts
1 Thanks
Hi all, I hope some one will be able to help me.
I have a tenant who moved in on 1st Feb on 6mths tenancy agreement. About 7 weeks ago she notified my that she's thinking of going back to London (moving away) as there may be a job for her but she'd let me know and it won't happen overnight and she'll pay the rent till the end of tenancy or until she'd found someone suitable to take over her tenancy. Two weeks later I text her requesting access to do 3mths inspection on property and to fix skirting board that needed doing, but she said she was in London for a few days and will contact me when's back. Another 2 weeks passed and as I was passing the house I noticed bedroom window opened so presumed she was back. Contacted her again and was told that she was still away but her sister is looking after the house for her staing there couple of nights a week. I wasn't happy about it and requested to do the inspection anyway. When I inspected the house there was tenant's sister with boyfriend and a child in there with my tenants furniture taken out and new furniture moved in. When I questioned why they living in my house they said they there only couple of nights to keep an eye on the place. Well I've taken photos for future references but there was a clear evindence of them living there full time (child's bedroom all set up with bed, wardrobe, lots of toys), new fridge, bed in master etc.

I have now received a notice from tenant that she'll be vacating the property when her tenancy ends but there are some damages to the property I've noticed and outstanding utility bills for last two months for over 350 the rent however been paid on time.

My questions are:
* how can I prove that the sister is living in the house and
* do I have the any rights to requst all their furniture to be moved out and for them not to stay in the house and I will keep an eye on it whilst the tenant is away. They are obviously using the heating non stop and I don't want the debt to go over the value of the deposit (450) as there won't be enough to cover repairs at the end of tenancy.
* can I request the guarantor to pay the outstanding bills or this can only be claimed at the end of tenancy
* I wanted to write tenant a letter explaining things that I'm not happy about but the rent is due in 3 days and if I evict her sister the rent may not be paid

Never been in this situation so nny advice would be much appreciated
Thanks ,Renata
01/06/2013 12:55

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband