Tenant demands that we mop water spilled when bath waste came adrift

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Tenant demands that we mop water spilled when bath waste came adrift
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
L
Lizbet
85 Posts
1 Thanks
I have a tenant who seems unable to do anything for herself, we have carried out a long list of minor maintenance on the property over the last year. Now she seems to think that we are at her beck and call. The waste pipe came adrift on Friday evening and she called our handyman at 9pm. 1st of all, she should have called us but she probably realized that we wouldn't treat it as an emergency. As it was the handyman said to put the plug back in and he would come and look at it on Monday. When we heard of the incident on Saturday we got the plumber out to carry out the repair. Now she is demanding that we get a Vax to mop up the water. I've told her to use a mop, towels and newspaper to mop it up but she is insistent that this is not appropriate.

Am I being an inconsiderate and uncaring person or should she be prepared to mop it up herself? She is an able bodied middle aged person with a teen age son.
02/06/2013 13:56

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband