Change of Tenant in property

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Change of Tenant in property
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Dear Sirs,

I have had two young ladies sharing a property in Margate. They originally shared an AST almost 3 years ago. The tenancy has long since been on a periodic basis and therefore deposits were not lodged with a deposit holder as a new AST had not been signed. The two ladies have been model tenants and have kept the property in good order and have always paid their rent on time from two seperate accounts. One of these ladies is now leaving and the other would like her partner to live with her at the agreed rent for the property. The lady who left has been re-imbursed her deposit by the other on my agreement. I have released her mother from her responsibility as guarantor. The other has written and confirmed her wish to live with her partner in the property. He returns from the USA Mid-December. How should I treat this tenancy? If I ask her boyfriend to sign an AST I need to take references and lodge the deposit but guarantees the next 6 month, or I could ask the lady in the property to accept full responsibily for the rent as I already have a guarantor for her in place albeit only for her original half of the rent.Her boyfriend would then not officially be a tenant but a guest in the property (if this is feasable and does not have occupancy ramifications with squatting rights). I would then not be at liberty to take references. What would you recommend? Kindest regards Jonathan Ralston (Bluewater Properties)

24/11/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions

Share this page