Right to alternative accommodation during emergency repairs

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Right to alternative accommodation during emergency repairs
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
O
OakTree135
1 Posts
0 Thanks
We have a Assured Tenancy agreement for 3 individual tenants in furnished HMO. The property has not been fit for habitation for the last month. I have found alternative accommodation during this period, but the work is a minimum of three weeks away from completion. I am struggling to find suitable accommodation, as the tenants receive 24 hour care from a care provider due to age, physical and learning difficulties and really need to be found somewhere together.

Am I obligated to find the tenants alternative accommodation? And if so, if the cost of the alternative exceeds the current rent paid, can I claim back the difference?

If I'm not obligated to find alternative accommodation, what are my options if I want my tenants to return? Is there a procedure to follow?

I really would appreciate some advice on this as I'm definitely in the dark on the matter!

Thanks
30/06/2013 10:46

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions