Served Court papers, who pays court fees and when can I re - rent.

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Served Court papers, who pays court fees and when can I re - rent.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
jennie
2 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a council tenant who has her rent paid to me directly from the council.
The tenancy agreement came to an end and after the section 21 expired the council advised her to sit tight. The court papers were served to on the 27th of June.
She has contacted me today saying she wishes to hand the keys back on Saturday and would like her deposit back in full. Does she not have to give a months notice? Can she just give me a week, she had text me during the week but i was away and did not get message untill last night.
She has told me that she has sort advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau and I have no hope in claiming the court fees back of her, I ticked the box on the form to claim the court fees against her.
I have let her off a number of things relating to the tenancy and do not want ot loose even more money, can i claim this money back from the deposit or guarantor?
As i have began the process for getting the house back via the court, can it be stopped? When can I re-rent?

06/07/2013 15:06

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband