On-line estate agents - any good?

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents On-line estate agents - any good?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
E
EPLtd
7 Posts
2 Thanks
I must first state categorically that I am NOT being paid by Upad for the following post!

For about 8 or 9 weeks my agent and myself had been showing a newly refurbished and decorated studio flat in an excellent location to prospective tenants - about 20 or so viewings in total - with no luck. Now don't get me wrong, the property has been done up to a very high standard. All the other similar flats in the same block were rented within one or two viewings - but this one just wasn't moving.

So I decided that a bit more advertising was needed and thought I'd give Upad a go. They acted professionally and efficiently. They arranged for a professional property photographer to photograph the flat within a day or so and then advertised the property across all the main on-line property portals. Within 24 hours I was receiving interest from potential tenants and let the flat to the first person who viewed it within 48 hours. Upad carried out credit and reference checks as part of the package I had purchased and also wrote out an AST agreement and made changes when necessary. If the tenant hadn't paid 6 months up front, Upad would have taken the first months rent and deposit and set up Deposit Protection (I already have an account) and a standing order to receive the rent monthly.

Since the advert first came out there has been a stream of highly interested prospective tenants.

In summary, I will definitely use Upad in the future for all my rental needs. I can highly recommend Upad for the entire service they provide - not only efficient and professional but much, much cheaper than any Estate Agent. You only pay once for the package you choose and no renewal fees should the tenants renew in a year's time.

If you are wishing to show the tenants around the property yourself but want someone else to do all the paperwork, then this approach is perfect.

By the way, lowering the rental price slightly definitely helped!!!
08/07/2013 12:03

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband