brake in monday 8th july 2013

You are here : Member Forums Other brake in monday 8th july 2013
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
3 Posts
0 Thanks
One of the tenants in my property left the back door unlocked a thief broke into one of the rooms and took a lap top (the tenants are blaming each other for leaving the back door unlocked). I said that I would send a maintenance man in on monday evening when the robbery was reported but the tenant who was robbed said that the police were not finished with the room, I then sent the maintenance in on tuesday who will complete the work on saturday at my expence. The tenant who was robbed is not happy to wait therefore I have written to all three tenants explaining that contractually they are liable for the repair due to negligence or carelessness and if the tenant is not prepared to wait I am happy for the tenant to employ a tradesman at her expence to carry out the work. The tenant has now said that she wishes to end her tenantcy agreement. I have emailed that I require one calender month notice as per contract but the tenant is not happy with the contractual conditions and wishes to leave without proper notice stating that she has always paid her rent on time. I am constantly receiving irrelevant and irrational text messages by the tenant who was robbed. Is there anything further that I can do.
10/07/2013 22:38

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions