Rent arrears and possession

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Rent arrears and possession
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
17 Posts
0 Thanks
Hello,
May I ask for some advice on rent arrears and gaining possession. My tenant started a 12 month AST on 8th Sept 12 and a section 21b was issued at the same time expiring on 7th Sept 13. He has regularly been late with the rent sometimes nearly a month however has stopped paying from the 8th May now meaning he is 3 months in arrears as of the 8th July. A small claims court claim after 2 months arrears was issued as I believe he was choosing not to pay rent rather than not being able to however he has not paid this. He told me in June he would be gone by the 7th July and did have bags / boxes packed in the hall so I thought this was genuine however he is still there and is not answering calls / texts now and assume I now need to issue a section 8 and would ask if this is correct ?.
Regards,
Ken.
16/07/2013 14:54

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband