relationship breakdown, left property, rent guarantors in place

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears relationship breakdown, left property, rent guarantors in place
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
StevieLeeds
1 Posts
0 Thanks
The couple split up 3 months into an AST, one left the property immediately, the other a month later. The guarantors have been told they are liable to pay the rent until the AST comes to its contracted end. The property is fully managed by an agent who also have a rent guarantee insurance policy in place. I have informed the agents that I intend to sell the property at auction immediately as I have had enough with various tenancy issues. They tell me that this action voids the tenancy and so there is no liability for the rent to be paid by the tenant or their guarantors until the AST finishes. Is this correct, or am I correct in thinking I am entitled to receive rent until the AST end date?

The agents have also cancelled the claim against the insurance policy because I have decided to sell. Can they do this?

Stephen
01/08/2013 15:44

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband