Tenancy Agreement for Students

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Tenancy Agreement for Students
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
4 Posts
0 Thanks
I have just let a 4 bedroom house to students with the AST starting in 1st June.

Ideally I would like all 4 tenants to be joint and several so that should one not pay I have the option to claim from the others.

The easiest way seems to be to create a joint AST which they all sign. However the standard RLA AST does not seem to allow for different rents per room and individual deposits. Is this possible or do I have to sum up the total deposit and monthly rent and then identify the different rents in a seperate letter / Addendum?

The alternative is to use the RLA AST Room Only Agreement? Does this provide the joint and several protection (is this the joint and together phrase) or do I specify this? Also in the notes is says:

c. Enter the full name(s) of all tenants (including children if applicable)
p. List the full names of people allowed to live in the property beside the tenant(s) (include children if applicable)

are these the same or is c the name of the person or family renting the room and p the list of all the people renting in the property?

and should

k. Enter the full address of the property being rented
l. Enter the full name of the building being rented

k be the room identification and l the address of the property for example Bedroom 1 at 222 XXXX Str London ....

Thanks in advance.

24/03/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband