Rent Arrears

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Rent Arrears
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
john cooper
john cooper
34 Posts
0 Thanks
I went to see my tenant yesterday who is late (by 16 days to date) with his rent. He claims he has had problems with his housing benefit but would be sorted out today. While at the property he and his partner were quite argumentative and I did not feel comfortable there. I quickly left but not before serving a Sec. 21 notice and said that provided the overdue rent was in my bank account by the end of the day I would revue whether to rescind the notice (however I am minded to get rid of them as I do not need the aggravation).

I suspect he is not going to pay and was wondering where I go next.

1. Should I start legal proceedings now to recover the debt so far or wait until I have the property back?

2.Should I start legal proceedings against the guarantor (his mother) or the tenant (there is probably more chance of getting the money from her as she has assets and is working)

3. If the answer is yes to either of the above, should I use a solicitor or debt collection agency

4. If you recommend a letter to the guarantor how would you recommend I word it?
10/09/2013 10:48

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
John Pye Auctions

Share this page