Leashold Management Company charges

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Leashold Management Company charges
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi

Management company (Brickman Yale) advised me : " Please note that in accordance with the terms of the lease you are initially required to notify the Freeholder and obtain written consent to let your property"

After checking my Leashold agreement I did not find explicit requirement to send notice when letting out the property - this is what it states:

Leasehold agreement, 2 , section xvi

"Not to assign transfer let or part with possession of any part (as
distinct from the whole) of the Flat and not to assign transfer let or
part with possession of the Flat to a Limited Company, otherwise than
for the purpose of use of the Flat as a high class residence for the
occupation of one family only"

Do I need to obtain license to rent the place from management company or not - in your view and based on the above in red?

The only other mention of tenancy in the leaseholder agreement is the fallowing:

"That every lease or tenancy agreement of the flat granted by the Lesee shall contain stipulations restrictions covenant conditions and provisions so far as appropriate thereto mutatis mutandis to those contained in this Lease. "

Thus this mean they need to check AST and therefore potentially charge me for it every time?

Many thanks

sasha
11/09/2013 19:10

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband