assult by tenant

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears assult by tenant
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
H
help
19 Posts
0 Thanks
I rent a property to a family who were desperate and home less, I made a terrible mistake because I believed their story. they told me they moved from Island and are staying in premier hotel where they pay 70 pounds a night, with their luggage's in storage. the story did not tarry as some of the children are in a school in bransholme in hull. I rented the property in desperation, they managed to pay the deposit and promise to pay the 1st month rent in instalment. I rendered the key and save the deposit. they started defaulting and keep turning me around. one month to the tenancy, I went to his shop to get the rent as I was promised, he assaulted me with sever injuries which is going through court. I was terribly scared of going around my property or asking for rent. since June he has paid no rent, but last week , I received council form ,for the empty property inquire ,followed by council demand for council tax on the property. I went to council but was told he has informed them he has moved and his tax is registered in another property. his agreement will expire in November, he has neither informed me he is leaving nor sent key to me , but he has told people he has moved. please I need everybody's advice if you have gone through similar situation. thank you.
13/09/2013 18:24

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband