Student and rent arrears

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Student and rent arrears
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
Brian_392
3 Posts
0 Thanks
I have 4 students on 1 AST RLA contract/agreement starting from the 1st Sept 2013. 3 have paid their share and moved in with the 4th no where to be seen. After managing to contact him it would appear that he has dropped out of uni, not paying his first months rent and has no intention of moving in. Apart from asking the 3 remaining students to make up the short fall in the rent which I doubt they will agree to, what are my options!
They have obviously broken the contract by one 1 student dropping out and not paying the full contracted rent. Am I within my right to issue a notice to quit, if so section 8 or 21?
The RLA contract which I have used states; We may repossess the property if: they fail to pay the rent 14 days after it is due, whether they have been asked for it or not! does this statement in the contract help as they clearly have not paid the full rent.

Any help!
20/09/2013 15:13

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband