S21A or S21 (4a) or other?

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 S21A or S21 (4a) or other?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
46 Posts
0 Thanks
My tenant is sub-letting one of the properties in my flat, without informing me. She only told me last week that she gets 400 quid from sub-letting the room. My tenant also pays rent late; in fact has not paid rent in September too! She recently told me she is claiming housing benefit, even though her partner is working (partner is not on the contract).

I issued S21a on 17.9.2011 (one day after the AST was signed on 16.9.2011), with notice expiry after 15th March 2012. However, I have allowed them to continue living there with no new contract/paperwork signed. However, I only recently sent them a letter in early September stating that I want my property back (based on the S21a served on 21.9.2011)

However, if I was to go down the sub-letting route, does this give me the opportunity to go down the accelerated route for re-possession? In which case which form do I have to fill in?

Also, what are the best ways to prove sub-letting? The boiler specialist saw the sub-let occupant, as well as me. Would I need additional proof like photo of a letter addressed to her intact in the envelope? She does get a lot of mail let in the porch.

Advice gratefully received.
28/09/2013 09:56

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions

Share this page