Fire safety regulations

You are here : Member Forums Access Fire safety regulations
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
L
Linda_829
1 Posts
1 Thanks
Hello, I'm new and am planning to rent out two separate bedsit rooms to lodgers on my top floor (first floor) I'm on ground floor and sometimes use their bathroom and utility room.

They have new portable mini oven, electric two ring hobs + microwave, kettle and toaster in rooms - they wash up in utility room. Their exit in case of fire is one exit down the stairs out of front door, or onto roof extension at the back which drops to less than 7 feet. I have fire alarms + gas safety certificate.

But what do I need to do for fire safety in terms for regulations? Do I need heat detectors where they're cooking? Also fire blankets in room and extinguisher in hall? Or is that just HMOs (I am lodgings in private house). Also do I need to get a rope ladder for top front room if they don't have access to roof extension at back - it's first floor up? Thanks for help! Best, Linda

This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
21/10/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband