Converting Garage into Bedsit - What should I consider?

You are here : Member Forums Property Investment Converting Garage into Bedsit - What should I consider?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
ccotterell
5 Posts
0 Thanks
Hello, I have several properties and from time to time I have a lodger in my own home.

I'm now pondering converting my garage into a self-contained bedsit and renting this out so I maintain my privacy. This will be completed professionally; creating a new side entrance for exclusive use, bricking up the garage doors and adding a large window to maintain the look and feel of the front of the house.

The room will measure approx 11ft long x 8ft wide x 8ft high and the shower room, toilet and kitchenette will all need to fit inside this space. Does this meet current living space regulations?

I also believe that once there is a separate entrance that the property will be liable to its own council tax.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or concerns I need to consider to provide a great room and to future-proof me slightly in case regulations change.

Thanks for your help!
04/10/2013 12:26

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions