Vindictive agent

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Vindictive agent
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
F
Frog123
49 Posts
1 Thanks
I had a silly little upset with my agent in Ipswich, who instead of brushing the matter aside and we all apologize, chose to make life so unpleasent I gave them 1 months notice. I wrote to my tenants telling them they could stay and that another agent would be contacting them. They phoned and made an appointment the following week to see me with the new agent. I kept the appointment by which time they had vanished, lock stock and barrel. The old agent had been quicker and wrote to me saying they had given a months notice. I guess he had got them out and into one of his proterties, within 5 days. Hard to prove, but quite obvious.
I have moved on now and new tenants are in. But I feel I have been treated badly by the old agent and should report his behavior to some authority. He has done this before I have been told. It seems unethical. Unfortunatly my husband has another propterty with him and we are loath to try and give the agent a months notice incase he disrupts everyone like before, so we are stuck with him. What would you do. Forget it or lodge a complaint somewhere?
12/10/2013 17:03

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband