time limit

You are here : Member Forums Other time limit
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
RAINBOWS
392 Posts
34 Thanks
Is there a time limit by when we have to get bailiffs after a judgement for possession?. In my case the tenants are supposed to move out by the end of this month. Now the tenant has written to me pleading with me to let them stay on saying he will pay upto date and promising a lot of things. Previously he has not kept to his promises but now he has written he is better off dead than alive etc etc saying he cannot even get a council house unless I give a statement of a nil balance. In other words he wants me to wrote off 3 or 4 months rent which I certainly will not do. I had written off an amont upto one month over the years but cannot do it any more. If I am to see if he will now be better at keeping promises, if I let him stay on will the possession judgement be invalid. Also in the future can I not increase the rent because the possession order was for the last tenancy agreement amount. I am wondering if I will get into further hot water.
13/10/2013 11:45

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband