Credit checks

You are here : Member Forums Other Credit checks
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
Rendermaster
24 Posts
0 Thanks
I have had a credit check done recently on a new tenant. I was done so fast that I suspect any questions was done over the phone. Which makes me think that regarding employment status and earnings can we take it that we ring a number the new would be tenant gives us and it is taken as gospel what the person on the other end say's?

I ask because I had an applicant 2 years ago who's employer said he was a gas fitter on 24k a year when in fact he was on 15k as a gas fitters trainee? He failed the credit check because of a ccj and i found this out afterwards.

Surely it would take some proof of earnings like we need to supply to a building society or bank when applying for a loan? I would also expect some kind of proof of ID like a passport or something?

Anyone know of a credit check that is more in depth? I looks to me that someone can give a mates telephone number out as their HR manager and any rubbish can be taken in?
20/10/2013 23:02

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions