DEPOSIT PROTECTION UPDATE

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion DEPOSIT PROTECTION UPDATE
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
ROE
587 Posts
72 Thanks
I wonder if anyone has received any update on deposit protection. I thought I will share this information.

I have have just received a notification from "My Deposits" scheme. In view of the Superstrike Vs Rodrigues issue,
they have amended their rules.

!. If you issue a new fixed term AST to the same existing tenant on the same terms then you must renew the protection for free with "My Deposits" and serve the new prescribed information within 30 days.

2. If the tenant stays in the property on a Statutory Periodic Tenancy, the original protection remains valid but you MUST inform "My Deposits" and serve the updated information that they provide .

3. If the landlord does not re-protect the the deposit, it will be automatically be unprotected by the scheme provider after 30 days. The landlord will then have to pay to re- purchase a new deposit protection.

Please note. This is from the "M deposits" scheme providers. I do not know what the other providers are doing.
12/11/2013 00:17

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband