access to carry out improvements/maintenance

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance access to carry out improvements/maintenance
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
3 Posts
0 Thanks
I would like to carry out minor decorating work in two areas of the house which were damaged by water infiltrations. I resolved the actual water problem in the spring and mutually agreed with the tenant to leave the walls as they were in order to make sure that the damp problem had indeed been resolved. The tenant was actually in favour of my NOT repainting the affected areas because of the inconvenience that this would cause to her. However, as my tenant is leaving at the end of the tenancy (end of January), I would like to repaint these small areas(150cmX80cm of wall in bedroom 2 and the walls around the front door in the entrance hall (about 4sqm) as I think the sight of damp damage would discourage any prospective tenant viewing the propery. I am planning to redecorate the whole house before a new tenant moves in, but I am not sure whether this assurance would be sufficient. My other fear is that the old tenant could even accuse me of not looking after the property! Do I have the right to carry out this type of maintenance work if the tenant says no? thanks
Melania
16/11/2013 10:11

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband