Tenant left property and has stopped rental payments.

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Tenant left property and has stopped rental payments.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
F
Frosty
4 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi, We have tenancy agreement with a young proffessional(SAM) which has been broken. The tenant moved out of the property and stopped making rental payments. The other 2 tenants are students, the house is a 'jointly and severly' agreement.
Big problem!
Sam gave us his employer references and his parents address.
I have contacted the employer, and he has left with no forwarding address.
So I have used his parents address to post a letter to him, with a cover note to them, as I was told that they where astranged, by the other house mates. they rang me and where bery hostile, and threatened me with legal action if they received anything else.
So can I still use this address, as its the only one I have.

I have had some email contact with Sam, and he has tried to advertise the room, along with ourselves.But as yet no suitable replacement has been found.

from the beginning I have an email trail of contact with Sam, and have reminded him of his obigation and rent arrears that are building up. He now wants to make an offer towards the arrears, which wil not cover the shortfall, and certainly not meet the future arrears as the tenancy has another 8 months to run.

I would appreciate some advice on what I should do next? We have two buy to lets, and rely on the income from them for ourselves.
16/11/2013 11:19

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband