How can we evict before fixed term:

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 How can we evict before fixed term:
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
D
David E
6 Posts
1 Thanks
My wife has a tenant who has removed a table and 4 chairs from the house (we believe she sold it but no proof) and, when she acquired a new corner sofa, she simply placed a 2-seater sofa that we had left in the house for her use outside so, consequently, the sofa was ruined. She later had it removed so that we couldn't insist that it belonged in the house and insist it be returned. This behaviour caused disagreements as may be imagined abnd ther following banking day the tena nt went to her bank and cancelled the set up standing order to pay her top-up. Needless to say, we want her out but she is in receipt of benefit and the 'claimant defence officer' has told my wife that she cannot evict under section 21 until the end of the term (my wife kindly gave her a 2-year lease) and we cannot use Clause 8 because her top-up is only 10/week so would take nearly as long to build up 8 weeks arrears. We use the RLA. AST but from my wife's discussions with the young man at the Local Authority, who appears to be in the employ of our tenant and not an unbiased civil servant whose salary is paid by the Council Tax payers in our Valley, it would appear that the lease isn't worth the paper on which it is printed as the inference is that the tenant may do whasaoever she wishes and we have no redress. I think the only way we may get satisfaction is by calling the police to report her for destruction of property and theft but that still won't enable us to get her out. If anyone can advise of a legal way in which we may have her removed I would be very grateful to hear of it.
19/11/2013 18:34

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband