Landlord enquiry

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Landlord enquiry
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
3 Posts
0 Thanks
I am a member of RLA and have paid membership for over two years. I have an enquiry.

My mother and I who are landlords are renting a maisonette to two people who have joint tenancy. One of the tenants is complaining about the windows being too draughty. Within two weeks I got some secondary glazing with acrylic plastic and magnetic strips. This cost us about 800.

the tenant is still not happy and is complaining that it is the windows that need changing.

we got in touch with the freeholders - community trust housing in Lambeth and they said that they are responsible for the windows only if it is in a state of disrepair. if it is draught then we would have that responsibility.

my question to you is:

a) what does the disrepair mean - the windows are shaky and some do not close properly. they are coming on Tuesday to have a look.

b) what should I do if the tenant continues to complain. I have done the secondary glazing. what can I tell him that would not put me in a state that he can win if he takes it on legally.

22/11/2013 16:27

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions

Share this page