Filling in first AST agreement

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Filling in first AST agreement
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi, I'm just filling out my first tenancy and have some questions that probably sound very obvious to you, but I just want to make sure I don't make a stupid mistake!

1. What would be acceptable figures to fill in as charges for reminder letters and unpaid standing order payments (B2 of the AST for DepositGuard)? I don't want to oversharge but feel something should be paid as an incentive to ensure payment.
2. I assume I can sign the tenancy a few weeks before they take possession, take the deposit at the same time and then give them their prescribed info etc a few days after they move in provided it's only 2-3 weeks?
3. I gather I need to serve a Section 21(1)B notice on them on taking up the tenancy in order to ensure I can get it back after the 6 months if necessary? Is it okay to do this a few days into the tenancy rather than on the very first day? If so, what are the implications of delaying it a week or so if it's inconvenient for me to be there on the first day of the tenancy? I ask as I will be abroad on that day and have arranged for a friend to be there to hand the keys over on the morning itself.
Thank you in advance

29/11/2013 20:49

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions