Landlord's Insurance

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Landlord's Insurance
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Can anyone recommend a robust landlord's insurance policy? I have an unfurnished property, two bedroom flat. I had a landlord's insurance policy with the last tenants and when I discovered that they had completely trashed my property (long story, but in short sub-letting x 10 people, extensive mould/condensation, generally ruined throughout due to neglect and poor living conditions) my insurance would not pay out a penny, claiming that the damage was as a result of a 'gradually operating cause' and not covered by my policy, not wilful damage/neglect which was covered by the policy. So I was left high and dry with an enormous bill for reparatory works and an empty property for some months, despite thinking I had protected myself with insurance. I do not intend to allow this to happen again, naturally, but I am keen to find out if the range of landlord's insurance policies differ, if some are better than others, or if these are just standard clauses that leave landlords essentially unprotected (in which case I will build in a contingency another way). Would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.
30/11/2013 10:32

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband