Court order and home improvements

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Court order and home improvements
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
5 Posts
1 Thanks

I've recently obtained a court order where the judge ruled that my tenant should vacate my property by 30th Dec and pay all of my court fees by 13th December. My tenant has not paid me or vacated the property as ordered. I have filed the paperwork for a bailiff for possession, but I wondered if someone can advise me as to how I go about enforcing the repayment - what are the next steps for this?

In addition to the above, I was ordered to make improvements to my property (the tenant claimed damp, but the damp proof course was proven in tact and I subsequently decided to install a heat recovery ventilation system to improve the condensation - even though it was acknowledged by the council that the tenant's lifestyle was causing the problem [not heating or ventilating at all]). It now appears that the tenant keeps on switching off the system, even though she has been told time and time again that it will switch off automatically once the moisture levels reach a certain cut off point. Now the council were able to fine me 300 if I didn't make the improvements - probably a stupid question, but I don't suppose there is some landlord favouring policy that anyone knows of where I can ask them to enforce her to keep the system switched on? I know I'm probably clutching at straws, but thought it was worth asking the question.

Many thanks,

01/01/2014 20:48

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
John Pye Auctions

Share this page