Tenant left property before end of tenancy

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Tenant left property before end of tenancy
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi. I let a property on a 6 month joint AST to a couple on the 1st November 2011. At the beginning of January they contacted me to say they had split up and wanted to vacate the property. I pointed out there obligations but said I'd do what I could to quickly re-let the property and release them from their obligation. I found a new tenant quickly and they moved in as the former tenant moved out. I've asked the former tenant for the balance of the rent owed and what I consider a reasonable re-letting charge(150). He's refusing to pay, telling me to take him to court. I'm more than happy to do this but wonder how far I could push the amount owed. i.e. he signed a six month tenancy, didn't give me a months notice and it's my actions in quickly getting a tenant that have reduced his liability.
27/01/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions