Granting Deed of Trust to a Limited Company

You are here : Member Forums Tax Planning and Financial Granting Deed of Trust to a Limited Company
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
1 Thanks
I have purchased the guide on Property Company Taxation from TaxCafe (Clive Bagley), I am an experienced investor but not on in property. However I wondered if anybody had used the Deed of Trust method proposed within the book to retain personal ownership whilst granting the Limited Company right to use exclusively?

I am not planning to take an income from BTL for 20+ years and looking to reinvest all profits to expand the portfolio. As a higher rate tax payer this could be attractive. In terms of existing properties, I only have 2 but 150k in equity and recently remortgaged both. I am going to setup an SPV but am considering options:

1) Use Deeds on Existing BTL and purchase new direct into SPV
2) Transfer Existing BTL into SPV and refinance and then all property would be owned by SPV
3) Use Deeds on Existing & New BTL's

Anyone using any of the above structures willing to recommend suitable resources an for professionals.

PS I know this is not a tax advice helpline and am happy to speak to professional accountants that both know of this arrangement and are prepared to advise on how to it properly.
This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
15/01/2014 15:59

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband