One of my tennants in a buddy up house arrangment is having a baby

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management One of my tennants in a buddy up house arrangment is having a baby
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
bucksandfizz
8 Posts
1 Thanks
Hi
I am a new inexperienced land lady.

I rent a house out to four friends and it works really well, I pay the bills and they club together and give me the rent to cover the mortgage and bills. Rightly or wrongly I have given them all individual "rent a room tennancy agreements".

One of the tennants is now expecting a baby and really wants to stay in the house. Once baby is born this would mean that there would in effect be 5 tennants, which means I would need a HMO licence. I simply can't aford to make the necessary adjustments to turn to the property into a HMO property.

How do I serve my tennant notice in the nicest possible way, without getting embroiled in any Child discrimination battle. The others also want to stay and will stay even if the pregnant tennant leaves.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

12/04/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband