What "Earliest date" should be used where multiple grounds are used

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 What "Earliest date" should be used where multiple grounds are used
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mr Millet
95 Posts
6 Thanks
I am about to serve a section 8 on a tenant. I will be relying on multiple grounds, namely grounds 10,11,12,13,14,15 and 17. The majority of these grounds require 14 days notice before applying to the Court for Possession(plus 1 day for service of notice), ground 14 allows an application to the Court on service of the Section 8. As the tenant is in residence, getting statements from the others that she is causing them nuisance / loss of quiet enjoyment may be difficult. Would it be better to serve notice citing all grounds giving an earliest date on which Court action may be taken as 15 days after service, or is it better to give the earliest date as the day following the service, cite only ground 14, and add the other grounds at the Court hearing? Obviously, I am hoping the tenant will take fright and pay arrears before Court action commences so would prefer to include all grounds on the Section 8, but don't want to make a mistake on first service which would delay the process. Also, a S21 was served immediately after signing of the contract but as the contract is still a fixed period agreement for 3 months, this cannot yet be used and does the service of a S8 affect the validity of the S21? I'm presuming it remains valid despite a S8 being served. Hope you can clarify. Thanks
06/02/2014 08:12

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband