Fraudulent Estate Agents

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Fraudulent Estate Agents
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
SteveP
1 Posts
0 Thanks
In July 2012 I instructed an Independent Estate Agent known as F. P. Delaney [Fin] of PDQ Lettings Ltd, Avon House, 435, Stratford Road, Solihull B90 4AA to act on my behalf in the rental of 3 properties. He advised that the client's deposits would be paid into the Tenancy Deposit Scheme.

However a few months ago one of my tenants decided to move out and required repayment of his deposit. I tried on numerous occasions to contact Mr Delaney without success. When I looked further into tracking him down he was no longer traceable. I went along to his office address and no one had ever heard of him.

This has been a hard pill to swallow as I am now out of pocket and will have to pay the tenants their deposits back out of my own pocket. I have reported the matter to the police who do not seem to be very interested and I doubt whether I will recover the money.

It has taught me a lesson in that I will not be so naive in the future!

Has anyone else had a similar experience or had dealings with this fraudster?

07/02/2014 15:56

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband