Any down side to renting terrace house to 3 vulnerable adults with live in carers in M/cr.

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Any down side to renting terrace house to 3 vulnerable adults with live in carers in M/cr.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Maureen_539
982 Posts
326 Thanks
Hello colleagues. Does anyone have experience of letting out a 3/4 bed terraced [furnished] house to 3 adults needing daily support of a 'live in' carer(s), a sort of small scale 'sheltered house' project I presume.

I usually let my FF & well-equipped houses to 3 or 4 students on 11 month AST's. The houses exceed every fire & safety reg. I don't have experience of other clientele, nor what rental could be expected from this venture.
I've been approached by a person skilled in this type of enterprise with a view to taking one of my larger properties to house 3 or 4 vulnerable adults & 1 or 2 'live in' carers.

Has any landlord tried this & is there a website I could visit to glean more information.
What are the drawbacks ?

I understand that this is how 'care in the community' is managed since large institutions closed down.
Any info would be welcome.
Thank you for your time.
M.
11/02/2014 13:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband