Ending open ended AST and Regulated tenancy

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Ending open ended AST and Regulated tenancy
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mr Millet
99 Posts
6 Thanks
I am in the early stages of considering a purchase at auction. Unfortunately, the house is tenanted and being sold in that state with no guarantee of gaining untethered possession. I've looked through the legal pack provided and have several concerns. There are 3 tenancies, 2 are ASTs and one a Regulated tenancy. Even more worrying is that only one Tenancy agreement is provided with the pack, the others are missing and the one AST that is provided is incomplete in as much as the "Term" is left blank!! I will need to carry out fairly substantial renovations IF I go ahead. Has anyone any advice (other than DON'T!) ie Is it very difficult to end a Regulated tenancy and are there any obvious impediments to serving a S21 / S8 on the tenant to gain vacant possession? Any advice welcomed.
12/02/2014 17:57

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband