Tenancy Start date before rent payment date

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Tenancy Start date before rent payment date
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
nigeb
20 Posts
4 Thanks
I have an application from a prospective tenant. The property is empty. He would like to move in next week on 20th Feb. Thats great for me.

He is paid monthly on the last day of each month. I've had a chat with his employer and all is above board. I have completed the credit checks and he has promptly paid me the advance rent today together with deposit.

However because of when he is paid he would like to make the rent standing order for 1st of each month to allow his salary to arrive in the bank. I have no objection to this as at least I get the property filled a few days early this month.

How do I cater for this on the tenancy agreement. I will put 20th as tenancy start date. But what do I do about agreed payment date? Do I state 1st of each month on the agreement or just leave it as 20th each month with out the late payment option being mentioned?

Thanks

13/02/2014 16:44

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions