No maintenace on the guttering has caused water damage to my flat inside and out

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance No maintenace on the guttering has caused water damage to my flat inside and out
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Poppet
21 Posts
3 Thanks
I pay the landlord's manitenance fee and on recent visits to inspect property have discovered major water damage to the walls and windows to my flat. I then discovered the guttering is in such a mess with grass growing in it therefore there is nowhere for rain water to go but down the walls and through the windows. The tenant hasn't complained but wanted to show me during the inspection and I was simply horrified to see the damage to my flat. Tenant has stuffed newspaper into the gaping holes under the window sill that was (now rotten & fallen off) to try to keep the heat inside. As a leaseholder I'm drafting an email to the maintenance company highlighting all the damage done to my flat due to their No Maintenance on the outside of the building.
Would appreciate advice on how to proceed with this?

Another thing, I have requested in the past, guidance & advice from this manintenance company about replacement windows to the front. Apparently there are restrictions due to the "Duke of Cambridge" on what you can and cannot do! They now ask me for 199 plus vat for information on the correct replacement windows. Looking at the building from the front, the flats on either side of mine have been replaced with UPVC windows!
Again your advice is much appreciated!
Thank you

16/02/2014 14:41

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband